Digital & print redesign for a nature-focused nonprofit.
While working in the role of Program Director at LEAF – Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier Park, an arboretum and nature center located within an urban park, I was responsible for developing, marketing and implementing all public programs and special events.
Alongside planning and facilitating community festivals, art classes, curriculum-linked field trips, family yoga classes, and preschool movement, story and art programs for over 10,000 participants each year, I also implemented consistent branding across print, website, social media and email newsletters. This required a comprehensive redesign of all online and print communications.
- Increased social media engagement by 40%.
- Redesigned organizational website.
- Implemented WordPress CMS and WooCommerce online payments system for program fees, memberships and donations.
- Developed brand guidelines for consistent branding across digital and print communications.
“In the years since Catherine has been involved with LEAF; first as a volunteer, then board member, finally as Program Director, she has displayed a broad range skill set that transformed our website and social media platforms, organized and managed our festivals and brought thousands of children into the park for unique educational experiences. Her outgoing personality and infectious smile attracted volunteers, calmed and captivated students and inspired the board and staff of LEAF to become active participants in our mission.
– Vernon Peterson, Executive Director • LEAF